[OSM-dev] CC-BY-SA datasources, display warning in editor?

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Wed Aug 4 10:54:15 BST 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, John Smith wrote:

>> Obviously not true, since the data will be available in the CC-BY-SA output.
>
> They're still in breach of contract with Nearmap, but not illegal
> since they aren't breaking any criminal laws, however I share
> Frederik's concern that it's so easy for everyone to trace from
> Nearmap and even other cc-by sources if they agreed to the new CTs
> which would potentially make a lot of their effort disappear from the
> main OSM DB in future.

Nobody is in breach with anything since *only* new mappers produce ODbL
data. The planets currently published are CCBYSA only. So unless someone
has a cool script that creates a full history of users that accepted the
license and new objects only, and make these objects readonly for CC-BY-SA
users, I doubt any progres is made.

Stefan