[OSM-dev] New OSM binary fileformat implementation.

Scott Crosby scrosby at cs.rice.edu
Mon Aug 9 18:43:51 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Scott Crosby <scrosby at cs.rice.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 6:39 AM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:
>>

> If we go down this path I need two things:

> 1. A versioned jar file containing all re-usable code.  Scott, can you take
> care of this?

I have split off the reusable code into a separate library, distinct
from the osmosis-only code which is currently sitting in my osmosis
git repository (published to github).  I have created a git repo for
the reusable code at  http://github.com/scrosby/OSM-binary  Note that
the history is messy, so I will be rebasing that repository.

How do I configure this project into building correctly and making a
versioned jar file?

> 2. The Osmosis specific code that I can use in a new osmbin project within
> the Osmosis Subversion repo.  I can probably get them from GIT if you let me
> know which files I need.

I have a working version of the plugin published to my osmosis github
mirror. I duct-taped it together by hacking osmosis_plugins.conf, but
the binary plugin is working on trunk.

Scott