[OSM-dev] Cartagen Knitter >> TMS, GeoTiff, can be used with JOSM

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 00:41:38 BST 2010

On 4 August 2010 15:14, Jeffrey Warren <warren at mit.edu> wrote:
> Therefore you can now use aerial images from balloons or kites (or whatever!
> slingshots!) to stitch a map, then export it for printing or import it into
> many other geospatial tools. All in the browser, no plugins.
> That last one, TMS, means you can now use the Slippy Map plugin for JOSM to
> trace your aerial imagery and submit it to OpenStreetMap.

Something that would be useful for OSM would be a way to add new
background layers from a WMS or TMS url, maybe there is a way to do
that that I missed.  I only see Google Maps layer using which will
make your georeferenced imagery incompatible with OSM.  Another nice
feature would be adding more control points on the edges of a picture
or even in the middle (this would probably require splitting the pic
canvas in four squares for each new gcp).

Cheers