[OSM-dev] aviation maps?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Aug 11 14:38:41 BST 2010

Hi,

John Smith wrote:
>> I thought the general consensus was to not to add airspace data actually...
>
> I thought it was flight paths?

Personally I think that both are useless and will make normal editing
more difficult. I could see *slighly* more of a case for airspace
(because that tends to change slowly) than for flightpaths (which are
close to arbitrary).

But as I said in my response to the list, I'd suggest keeping airspace
in a separate database. I think there are some projects in the flight
simulator world that are doing something like that already.

Bye
Frederik