[OSM-dev] Fw: how to create a value of column way in table planet_osm_point?

Limin Zeng Limin.Zeng at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Fri Aug 13 14:41:29 BST 2010

Hey all,

Thanks for your attention.

I faced a trouble when develop my geo-application based on OSM in PostGIS. I can storge osm file into postgis, and render them as well. Now I need add new data in my system, and save into local postgis database. For instance, I add an new point of interest by clicking the map, so I can get the lat/long. My problem is how can I generate the column:way in planet_osm_point table. Because the column:way is a data type in geometry, I don't know how to create this value with its lat/long.

Any suggestions will be welcomed!

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Limin