[OSM-dev] Fw: how to create a value of column way in table planet_osm_point?

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:00:17 BST 2010

On 13 August 2010 14:41, Limin Zeng <Limin.Zeng at mailbox.tu-dresden.de>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> I faced a trouble when develop my geo-application based on OSM in PostGIS.
> I can storge osm file into postgis, and render them as well. Now I need add
> new data in my system, and save into local postgis database. For instance, I
> add an new point of interest by clicking the map, so I can get the lat/long.
> My problem is how can I generate the column:way in planet_osm_point table.
> Because the column:way is a data type in geometry, I don't know how to
> create this value with its lat/long.
>
> Any suggestions will be welcomed!

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do. However, I would suggest that
you do the following to add a point in lat, lon in your database (assuming
you are using 4326)
ST_SetSRID(ST_MakePoint(longitude, latitude), 4326)

This will create a point with the chosen coordinate in WGS84 mode.

Emilie Laffray