[OSM-dev] aviation maps?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 14:42:48 BST 2010

2010/8/11 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:

> All this really, in my opinion, speaks for a *separate* database that
> contains airspace. Do not stuff that into OSM; record it in an extra system,
> from which you can then create airspace tiles and overlay them over OSM
> maps.

+1 in parts, but there is stuff that we already do register like
airports, runways, and other that might be potentially recorded like
electric beacons, ...

I wouldn't like to see flight routes as ways in the data though and I
don't think they are a similar case than ferries. Unlike ferries they
would interfere a lot with surrounding data (ferries don't because we
hardly map anything in the sea).

cheers,
Martin