[OSM-dev] How to use XAPI

bernhard zwischenbrugger bz at datenkueche.com
Sun Aug 15 17:01:02 BST 2010

Am 15.08.10 17:14, schrieb Roeland Douma:
> You could only allow for the query on high zoom leves. Since what good is an
> overlay of all restaurants on zoomlevel 11?

That's the point!

A level 11 restaurant search in Europe does not make much sense.
But if I plan a bicycle trip in Laos it's very different.
(I was very hungry in Laos)

For a motorbike trip in Cambodia a level 8 search for
tourism=hotel|guest_house
gives usefull informations.

If the querys for low zoomlevels are disabled the tool makes not much sense.
If the querys are not disabled, the db can't handle the querys.

Bernhard