[OSM-dev] Announcing: Simple Map Editor (GSoC 2010)

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 13:05:21 BST 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Michael Daines <michael at mdaines.com> wrote:

>  - a proxy layer in Ruby, for communicating with the OSM API,
>
>  - a collection of JavaScript classes and routines for connecting to the OSM API, working with map data, and authentication with OAuth, which can hopefully be used in other OpenLayers-based project that require map editing functionality,

Hi Michael,

It's awesome that it uses OAuth, I tip my hat at you for getting that
working! I hope to see many people building on your work. Could you
explain more what the ruby proxy layer does? Is it just handling the
session stuff or does it do translations between OSM API and the
javascript code?

I'll also put out a plea to any Ruby/OAuth experts that we're still
looking for someone to tackle
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OAuth/10a

Cheers,
Andy