[OSM-dev] Announcing: Simple Map Editor (GSoC 2010)

Michael Daines michael at mdaines.com
Fri Aug 20 04:48:04 BST 2010

> osmdoc.com gives 12092 uses for "phone=" and 891 uses for "addr:phone=" so I'd change what's in the wiki and use "phone=" and "fax=" and "website=".
>
> For any Reasons "email=" is not as popular as "addr:email=".

This is the reason I have prioritized "phone" in the telephone field.

However, I should mention that the form is smart enough to see other possibilities for the same tag, so if you edit something that uses "contact:phone", the editor will modify the "contact:phone" tag instead of adding its own "phone" tag.