[OSM-dev] Search is not working on own map

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Fri Aug 20 08:18:36 BST 2010

Parveen Arora wrote:
>> Your Javascript is malformed. This error pops up the moment you load the
>> page.
> How can i remove the errors from javascript, i have taken it from openlayers
> and tried to serve our map by changing the urls
>
>> That string is not terminated:
>> "http://202.164.53.116/~hsrai/OSM/tiles/${z}/${x}/${y}.png,
> is above link incorrect or how to terminate it ?

A String in Javascript is declared using double quotes.
like

s = "a String";

Your declaration is missing the ending (terminating) Qutotation mark.
This the following Javascript is not recognized and your script not working.

Google for Firebug for Firefox. It will help you a lot.

>> But even then: You don't have tiles served at this address.
>
> The tile are here at this address:
> http://202.164.53.116/~hsrai/OSM/tiles

no, they are not.

http://202.164.53.116/~hsrai/OSM/tiles/2/2/2.png

is 404.

Either you statically pre-render all tiles or you have to set up dynamic
creation of files.

The first is easier, can take up more disk space but the webserver can
be simpler.

>> The URL is there originally multiple times to cope with the connection limit
>> in browsers.
> should i include the url only one time?

For a start: yes. Optimizing the connection limit is an additional
optimization once it's working

Stephan