[OSM-dev] tms translator

Jeffrey Warren warren at mit.edu
Sat Aug 21 15:37:55 BST 2010

Hello all -

At OpenMapsCaucasus/JumpStart and in other places I've had trouble
reconciling the standard OSGeo implementation (origin at bottom-left) of TMS
which gdal2tiles.py generates, and the OSM convention (origin at top-left).
 There may be a simpler way to do this, but for on-the-fly translation
between the two implementations, we've created this tool:

http://tms.mapspot.ge/

You enter one or the other, and it generates links for both formats. It asks
you to register (name, description etc. all optional) and generates a
relatively short URL for each.

Please feel free to use it, fork the source:

http://github.com/jywarren/tms-filter

or tell us how to improve it. This has, for example, allowed JOSM viewing of
gdal2tiles.py derived tiles with minimal fuss.

Jeff