[OSM-dev] Reading OSM History dumps

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Sat Aug 21 17:40:15 BST 2010

Hi

I during the last week I thought intensively about the new full history
dump and how we could use it. I wrote some kind of paper and also some
demo code to check how we could get osm history information into a
postgis database with linestings and all this delicate features osmosis
offers.

I've put it on the wiki at
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:MaZderMind/Reading_OSM_History_dumps>

I'd love to hear some comments about it.

I also posted this mail to osmosis-dev and I hope to get some hints
about the osmosis implementation details, but I'd love to hear some
comments about the general idea and algorithm, too.

Peter