[OSM-dev] Mapping during license change / "safe to edit"

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Wed Aug 25 09:24:26 BST 2010

Am 25.08.2010 10:08, schrieb Frederik Ramm:
Hi

Thank you for stepping forward.

> How could we make life easier for them? What technological measures
> could realistically be employed to determine what is "safe to edit" and
> how could this be signalled to the mapper?
As a first base to build tools to do this calculation upon, I'm writing
an osmosis plugin that is able to read the history dump into a postgres
db in osmosis simple schema. There is still a lot of work to be done,
but I may offer a snapshot until the end of this week.

With the history dump in a database and (soon arriving) list of
contributors, we can start creating reports in numeric or graphic form.

I'll announce the availability of the snapshot on osm-dev and osmosis-dev.

Peter