[OSM-dev] Mapping during license change / "safe to edit"

Wed Aug 25 11:15:41 BST 2010

At 2010-08-25 01:08, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>But some of them are wary of modifying existing objects. How can they know
>that they are not building on sand - might the very object they are about
>to edit one day have to be removed because its author has not agreed to
>the license change?

To understand what needs to be done, I ask do we know what "author" means,
exactly? Is it the original creator of a feature? What if others have
edited it afterwards, and there is a mix of license acceptance among these
users? What about nodes and ways with mixed license status? Is this stuff
described (in a few paragraphs at most) somewhere? There's no way I'm
reading through the license debate. I'm sure I'm not alone.

(These are literal questions for which I do not know the answers - I'm
implying nothing at all)