[OSM-dev] Mapping during license change / "safe to edit"

Wed Aug 25 11:18:32 BST 2010

At 2010-08-25 01:27, Igor Brejc wrote:
>But I'm a bit skeptical whether this all would do any good. I'd say go
>ahead and map. And save your local copies of OSM files for the stuff you
>edited, just in case.

Is this going to be necessary, or will there be a point at which the
license change occurs, with the state as of that change available for some
period of time? It's impractical for me to manage local files with my
edits, and I don't want to burden the servers unnecessarily by running an
automated daily download of the (wide) area in which I'm editing.