[OSM-dev] searching for good document of binary map formats

feverzsj feverzsj at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 08:35:18 BST 2010

hi, list:
  I've started to develop a new binary map format for display, geocoding and
possibly routing on mobile device. After checking out some active routing
projects, I found most of them have no or poor document for their binary
format.
  Navit actually has a page about their binary format, but almost just an
outline. For Gosmore, there was once a post about its format (about 2 yeas
ago?), which was also not so detailed.
  Several years ago, I've developed a binary map using zoom-level based sub
r*-tree of map tiles. It's very fast even for low end mobile device, but
missing feature like geocoding and routing.
  So, it will be grateful, if someone can offer me some good documents.

  --Regards, zsj