[OSM-dev] generate_xml.py not generating osm.xml file?

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Fri Aug 27 14:58:45 BST 2010

Hi,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the generic purpose of the generate_xml.py
file from the mapnik rendering toolset, but for me, it does not seem to
touch my osm.xml file in any way.

when I execute generate_xml.py with appropriate database setttings,
osm.xml is not changed in any way. if I remove osm.xml, it is not
generated by the gall to generate_xml.py in any way.

am I misunderstanding that generate_xml.py would actually create osm.xml
based on the contents of the PostGIS database it connects to, and based
on the templates in the inc directory?

Akos