[OSM-dev] Help - Colombia Crisis - Import data from shp files

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 16:07:40 GMT 2010

I used shp-to-osm 0.8 to convert these shapefiles to OSM format (including
splitting the ways at 2000-node boundaries and creating multipolygon
relations out of them).

You can download the data here:
http://osm.mapki.com/municipios.tgz
http://osm.mapki.com/departamentos.tgz

HOWEVER, the data is not ready to upload in its current state! Since these
are borders, you need to do the manual work of creating boundary relations
out of the ways so that we don't create a ton of duplicate nodes and ways.

If someone has a few spare hours they could probably programmatically fix
the ways into boundary relations.