[OSM-dev] Osmosis split of the planet

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:00:50 GMT 2010

Hello Frederik,

I was looking for something like your outPipe=r1, inPipe=r1 trick. But as
Brett (and you) point out, doing it in one pass will require lots and lots
of RAM.

And I've tried it with a dividing line in the US. Except 51 rectangles cross
that dividing line and I know 51 BitSets will require more than 4GB RAM. So
two passes are also not an option.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> PS: Is it by design that some areas are not covered by any of your
> rectangles?

All areas are covered. Only after clicking on the rectangle will it become a
larger yellow rectangle and you can see it's true size.