[OSM-dev] How to get the order of bus stops in a bus route?

Shuyan Chen chenshuyan0221 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:28:40 GMT 2010

Hi,Jonathan

Many thanks for all of these.

We have our own osm-based routing website, take a look at  http://www.fromtomap.com/.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Shuyan

From: Jonathan-David SCHRODER
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:21 PM
To: Shuyan Chen
Cc: dev at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] How to get the order of bus stops in a bus route?

Hi Shuyan,

see also http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route
and instead of implementing your own pathfinding algorithm, take a look first at
 http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Traveling_salesman => OSMNavigation, the path finding library used by Traveling Salesman ( a frontend).. the library relies on libOsm for querying osm data.

if OSMNavigation doesn't satisfies you because you can't hack it your way easily, then implement your own stuff.. but try not reinventing the wheel, if you can be lazy and program less and duplicate less that's cool

Take care,

Jonathan