[OSM-dev] Pyroutelib vs Pyroutelib2?

OJ W ojwlists at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 17 21:11:07 GMT 2010

I should probably know more about the history of this program than I
do, but here goes...

I think pyroutelib was part of some huge GUI application for mobile
phones, whereas pyroutelib2 just pulled-out the routing code into a
smaller set of files that was easier to import into another project.

It looks like pyroutelib2 requires you to specify the transport type
when you first load the OSM data (LoadOsm::__init__ takes "transport"
as a parameter). So findNode will probably return a node that you can
travel from, because it only stored such nodes whilst loading the
data.