[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] OSM front page design concept

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 23:50:44 GMT 2010

On 21 Feb 2010, at 15:09 , SteveC wrote:

> The problem with your analysis is pretty simple - maybe those people left because the site was crap, not because they inherently don't like adding more than 10 things. Maybe if we make it better, they will add a lot more.

I can't agree or disagree here. It's just numbers.
I am sure other opensource projects and especially wikipedia will have similar patterns. though their numbers might be completely different.
until someone contacts a statistical sample of users and ask why this is pure speculation.
some interesting questions
- how many users have a GIS, Software background?
- which tool, osm.org, wiki, lack of documentation, lack of support, … stopped them

this could be done when we move to the new license and all active users have to be contacted anyway and might shed some light on the motivation

just in case you forgot. Tom said it many times. fix it, send patches.
I am sure Richard will say the same for Potlatch.