[OSM-dev] I converted the rails port to Git

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Mon Feb 22 01:35:36 GMT 2010

For what it's worth, you have my full support regarding moving to git. I was
considering making a merkaartor clone to gitorious myself, SVN seems so
limited when you start working with git or bazaar from multiple branches.

As for myself, I like bazaar because the learning curve seems easier coming
from svn, and lauchpad is a nice repository with great support for
translations.

Perhaps a little bit too ubuntu-esque, though.

Beware that Trac+Git might not be hassle-free, apparently.
Maybe switch to redmine? IMHO, redmine is to trac what git is to svn...

- Chris -