[OSM-dev] exporting svg from main page (mapnik) gives huge file

MilesTogoe miles.togoe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 03:08:38 GMT 2010

we went to download a map of the world at a low zoom level 2 (which just
showed continents and most country boundaries) yet the download size was
huge - there wasn't any buttons or options to reduce the data levels -
personally I thnk based on the scale, the data should be reduced
accordingly or there be some option to pick the level of data desired.
I would think that a simple map of the world with country boundaries at
a low level should be about 200 K - maybe this has been discussed or
resolved before or did we miss something ?