[OSM-dev] Inconsistency in database?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Feb 24 08:57:59 GMT 2010

On 24/02/10 05:44, Frank Bielig wrote:

> Unfortunately these node references are not valid. This inconsistency
> seems to be in planet file too. Does anybody has an idea of the reason?
> Should be a foreign key constraint in database schema? Currently only
> way id is checked:

There is no constraint for that in the database because it's not
possible write one (not as an FK constraint anyway) because we don't
know what version of the node to look for - indeed the way isn't tied to
a particular version.

Of course the rails code is supposed to stop any such change being
committed so it looks like you've found some sort of bug - tracking it
down will be very hard though.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)