[OSM-dev] Choice between different geodata sources

Alexander Sidorov alexidsa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:12:00 GMT 2010

Hello!

I'm choosing geodata source for my web service. My service users need to
select some objects in their city (cinema, theater and so on).
At the moment am looking at LinkedGeoData (Open Street Map information
converted to RDF). As I have no experience in this field, I would like to
ask you is requested feature possible with OpenStreetMap and LinkedGeoData?

And could you compare Open Street Map with other geodata sources (for
example, Google Maps). As I understand, one Google Maps advantage is that
Google provides almost free queries to it's data (and in the case of Linked
Open Data I have to upload the data to my database).

I would be very grateful for any information that could help me to implement
the described feature.

Regards,
Alexander