[OSM-dev] need some javascript help

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:25:52 GMT 2010

Hi all,
I am not a real javascript developer, can you give me some advice on this ;

1. I have a url that will return the map for a location string
2. I have a browser for a database browser.

How can I connect two windows to each other, I would like to call a
different url in what would its own sub window.
so when you click on a text field, and right click on it, select find, it
will then refresh the lower map window.

does anyone have some java script for this or whant to help?
the project is the openaddressdatabase, which uses a generic automatic
database table format using the autocrud lib,
that generates a nice table with browse and filter for any database.

I want to extend this autocrud with a set of menus to search geonames and
display it on the map below.

what do you think? how to do this best.

mike