[OSM-dev] OPEN STREET MAP - TRAFFIC INFORMATION

peter petervotzi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:14:20 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 18:56 -0700, MilesTogoe wrote:

> SteveC wrote:
> > Bouncing to newbies@, someone should be able to help you there
> >

> I've been a professional traffic engineer (and engr professor) in the US
> and would be happy to be a mentor if you want to make this into a Google
> Summer of Code project ! I think it's about that time that GSoC
> proposals start up.
>
> > On Feb 22, 2010, at 12:17 PM, Diego Castronuovo wrote:
> >

> >> Hello, I'm a student of computer science at the University of Bologna. I am interested in traffic engineering and for my thesis I would be interested in the development of a system for sharing information on traffic like this: # http://www.monthorin.net/tiki-index.php Pre_requisits_to_use_Real_Time_Traffic
> >>
> >> I love the open source philosophy and I would be interested in collaborating on the project open street map. What is the state of the art integration of traffic information in open street map? Thank you in advance. Regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diego castronuovo -
> >> http://www.castronuovo.org

Hey

I'm a student as well, I have started dealing with a very similar issue
a couple of months ago: How could openstreetmap (the community and the
map data) be used to integrate and generate "open" traffic information.
My goal is to develop a  prototype to show how such a "extension" could
look like and use this topic to finish my master studies in Vienna.  I'm
very interested to make my work into a Google Summer of Code project,
even I think that 50% of the project will deal with creating a
sophisticated concept.

best regards
Peter