[OSM-dev] OPEN STREET MAP - TRAFFIC INFORMATION

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:45:01 GMT 2010

These sound like interesting ideas for a Google Summer of Code project.

The application process has not started yet, but it would be good to put
your ideas down on the OSM wiki page and seek views of other members on how
this could be implemented - it will also help when you write your
application because you will have got some of it written in advance!  The
wiki page for student ideas is at:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GSoC_Project_Ideas_2010.

I look for ward to reading about your proposals!

Regards

Graham.

On 28 February 2010 18:14, peter <petervotzi at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 18:56 -0700, MilesTogoe wrote:
>
> SteveC wrote:
> > Bouncing to newbies@, someone should be able to help you there
> >

> I've been a professional traffic engineer (and engr professor) in the US
> and would be happy to be a mentor if you want to make this into a Google
> Summer of Code project ! I think it's about that time that GSoC
> proposals start up.
>
> > On Feb 22, 2010, at 12:17 PM, Diego Castronuovo wrote:
> >

> >> Hello, I'm a student of computer science at the University of Bologna. I am interested in traffic engineering and for my thesis I would be interested in the development of a system for sharing information on traffic like this: # http://www.monthorin.net/tiki-index.php Pre_requisits_to_use_Real_Time_Traffic
> >>
> >> I love the open source philosophy and I would be interested in collaborating on the project open street map. What is the state of the art integration of traffic information in open street map? Thank you in advance. Regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diego castronuovo -
> >> http://www.castronuovo.org
>
>  Hey
>
> I'm a student as well, I have started dealing with a very similar issue a
> couple of months ago: How could openstreetmap (the community and the map
> data) be used to integrate and generate "open" traffic information.  My goal
> is to develop a  prototype to show how such a "extension" could look like
> and use this topic to finish my master studies in Vienna.  I'm very
> interested to make my work into a Google Summer of Code project, even I
> think that 50% of the project will deal with creating a  sophisticated
> concept.
>
> best regards
> Peter

Dr. Graham Jones