[OSM-dev] Announcement: new khtml javascript map library

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 23:55:46 GMT 2010

Hi Bernhard,

On 28 February 2010 19:27, Bernhard zwischenbrugger <bz at datenkueche.com> wrote:
> Now I started to improve my  javascript map library - I have nothing
> else to do.
>
> All informations here:
> http://www.khtml.org/iphonemap/help.html
>
> It provides a very fast, stepless zoom on WebKit Browsers with good
> internet connection.
> iPhone moultitouch is fully supported.
> Internet Explorer is not supported.

I have used an old version of your zoomzoomzoommap (khtml) as a base
for www.openstreetmap.pl and www.openstreetmap.pl/wp and have made
some changes to how the zoom levels work (smoother zoom and zoom
beyond maximum tile resolution), also I believe I fixed some problems
but don't remember now.  Unfortunately I needed to "fork" your library
because I'm intolerant to different code formatting than my preferred
and so it isn't easy to merge changes back now.. however if there's
anything you want to incorporate back to khtml feel free to do so.
(The site works best in firefox, but webkit should work too..)

I hope you recover quickly, this must be an amazing adventure there...

Cheers