[OSM-dev] OSM and CouchDB/GeoCouch

Lars Francke lars.francke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 23:58:43 BST 2010

> were there any successful attempts to read OSM data into CouchDB and
> Geocouch? Does somebody know of a backend?

I have done something like that and can provide some code at the end
of July (I won't be back home before then). It really is just a
different kind of schema. But the exact schema depends on what you
want to use it for. Do you want to use it as an alternative to the
API/PostgreSQL or a convenient storage on mobile devices, routing
data, mapnik backend etc.

CouchDB is kinda great (even though the documentation sucks) but it's
just one out of many tools and may or may not be a good fit.

Cheers,
Lars