[OSM-dev] Mapnik Script for 4326 projection

Yasir Shoaib yasirshoa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 22:41:44 BST 2010

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can post scripts to have Mapnik render tiles in
4326 projection. (Both: generate_image.py and generate_tiles.py)
I do have scripts that renders tiles in 900913.

There are few clarifications that I also seek:
1) If gis DB is in EPSG:4326 projection, can tiles be rendered in 900913
projection through Mapnik, or the DB has to be in 900913 projection to
render tiles in 900913 projection?

2) What is the difference between map.getProjectionObjection() and
map.projection?
>From my understanding if tiles are rendered in 900913 projection then
map.getProjectionObjection() would inform about this value.
However, map.projection is 4326. Not sure how this is?

Thanks,
Yasir