[OSM-dev] request for hosting of WMS layers

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Tue Mar 16 08:29:36 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 09:14:37AM +0100, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com wrote:
> > Or were they on dev also?
> >

> I found this sever :
> *wms*.*openstreetmap*.de
>
> I can setup the server myself if needed. I have been running an mapserver
> now for the flooding project, all I need is an account with permissions.

I contacted the guy running wms.openstreetmap.de to see whether we have
some space on that server. I think we are running out of disk space, but
we'll see. wms.openstreetmap.de already has a wms and a tile server so that
images would be available for JOSM and Potlatch. Its currently used for
sat/aerial images for Chile, the German town Lauf and the German city of
Dortmund.

Jochen