[OSM-dev] Opening hours

Thomas Meller thomas.meller at gmx.net
Fri May 7 00:18:35 BST 2010

John: you are right, interpretation of such tags is very complicated.
Storing them is complicated enough already.
Have a look at my example once again. The schedule is not used for shops.
The current scheme does handle shop opening hours good enough, I agree.

Have a look at the access=* page instead. The time definition there is greatly different and not capable to cover even a shop's opening hours.

I do not mix them up. I think the goal is different enough to divide the problem into two.
The condition scheme could help a bit, but up to now I'm not convinced it's sufficient.

Does anyone know an example of a flap bridge?
If there are good examples around I'd really like to learn.

I doubt any implementation will ever get complete or correct in this aspect.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=47.172&lon=7.4395&zoom=15&layers=B000FTFTT&mlat=47.16696&mlon=7.43509