[OSM-dev] Trouble getting mod_tile and apache talking

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Mon May 10 22:40:58 BST 2010

On 10/05/10 18:15, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Can you check whether your renderd is actually retrieving render
> requests from the module (does it kick into action when you access a
> tile? perhaps try starting with -f from a console).

Nope. I've started renderd as "renderd -f" on the command line, and I
see nothing happening on the console when I go to the directory. This is
what makes me think the problem is how I set up mod_tile.

> If no, this is your problem. If mod_tile doesn't log anything then
> strace it to find out what's happening.

How would I do that? I know how to strace a programme, but an apache
module is out of my (limited) stracing knowledge...

Rory