[OSM-dev] Trouble getting mod_tile and apache talking

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon May 10 23:13:06 BST 2010

Hi,

Rory McCann wrote:
>> If no, this is your problem. If mod_tile doesn't log anything then
>> strace it to find out what's happening.
>
> How would I do that? I know how to strace a programme, but an apache
> module is out of my (limited) stracing knowledge...

You can run Apache in single process mode and strace that (provided that
Apache isn't needed for anything else at the time):

su
/etc/init.d/apache2 stop
export APACHE_RUN_USER=www-data
export APACHE_RUN_GROUP=www-data
strace -o outputfile -f apache2 -X

You should see mod_tile (a) trying to open the tile on disk (grep for
the filename) and if unsuccessful (b) trying to contact renderd (grep
for the renderd socket name).

Bye
Frederik