[OSM-dev] 'missing column in osmosis pgsql dump' - revisited from June 2009

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Fri May 14 00:58:14 BST 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Middle Fork GIS <middleforkgis at gmail.com>wrote:

> >> The 0.31 release will be fine, but the latest subversion code should
> >>also be stable.
>
> I seem to have rediscovered this problem, and it seems to exist in the with
> the 0.31 version but be fixed in the svn snapshot from 5/11/2010:

Hi Steve,

Is there any reason you're still using 0.31?  0.35 has been released and
will include these fixes so you shouldn't need to compile your own from SVN.

However, I just checked in a new feature into SVN last night that you may be
interested in.  I've created a (--fast-write-pgsql) --fwp task.  It
generates and loads COPY files into the database for you.  I can't remember
the arguments off the top of my head, although just specifying database
parameters should be sufficient.  I think the only other option is a
nodeLocationStoreType argument which defaults to TempFile.  It generates all
the COPY files as temp files first, then loads them in, so the overall steps
are the same but it's much more convenient.  It will auto-detect the bbox
and linestring columns on the way table so you don't need to explicitly
specify those.

Brett