[OSM-dev] relations refering to deleted objects

Mitja Kleider mitja at kleider.name
Wed May 26 11:50:57 BST 2010

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Stefan de Konink wrote:
> > We can solve all issues (again) and see what happens in a month.
> > But we can already check if the revisions of the objects were made
> > using [the program that shall not be named].
>
> Or you could actually read the code and tell me where amf_controller is
> writing to the database without undergoing the model's usual integrity
> checks. Because AFAIK they are exactly the same as those in the XML API and
> there is no, repeat no, basis for you to make snitty little insinuations
> like this.
>
> Line 594 of amf_controller is where you should start looking. Oh yeah,
> you're too lazy to make the effort to read Ruby code, I remember from last
> time. Sheesh.

I don't know about the previous discussion. Most of the changesets do
not have any created_by tag (maybe it is too new on changesets), some
are Potlatch 1.2a, 1.2c

To me the editor used does not matter, because I think the API should
prevent it to happen.

Did I get it right that you are directly writing to the database? What
was the reason for doing so?

Cheers
Mitja