[OSM-dev] start of gwtosm the google webtoolkit port of josm

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun May 30 16:22:49 BST 2010

I am happy to say, have made some progress.

gwtosm now can display simple roads.
http://osmopenlayers.blogspot.com/2010/05/next-version-of-gwtosm.html
source here:
git at github.com:h4ck3rm1k3/GWTOsm.git

now I could use some help, there are so many possible things to
display, need to make tests for all of them. best would be test cases,
i guess they could be extracted from the xapi...

The gwtjunit is also working, so that means you can write and test the
gwt code via junit.

What about an osm test case system for rendering? there must be such a
thing, no?

I think that it would be great to know if you can test this with your
own osm data,
the configuration is hardcoded right now :

GWTOSM [line: 148] - fetchData()
 String fakerequest=OSMXMLData.INSTANCE.osmData().getText();

this simulates a http request to the api server. the http is not
working yet, at least the response handling code is not working,
you an just replace the osmdata.osm with your own.

Also the bounding box is important :
GWTOSM [line: 100] - drawmap()
Bounds bounds= new Bounds(42.0769,19.50711, 42.05737,19.53063);

thanks,

mike

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com