[OSM-dev] start of gwtosm the google webtoolkit port of josm

Andrew Gregory andrew at scss.com.au
Mon May 31 04:57:10 BST 2010

On Mon, 31 May 2010 00:40:57 +0800, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de>
wrote:

> Am 30.05.2010 17:22, schrieb jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com:
>> I am happy to say, have made some progress.
>>
>> gwtosm now can display simple roads.
>
> I'm sorry but I'm really not sure what this is all about. Josm is
> designed as an offline editing tools. Why bend'n'break it to run in your
> browser? We already have an online editor called Potlatch.

I think a web-based online editor that doesn't rely on a plugin would be a
good thing. While I don't think a gwt app is ideal, perhaps it will
inspire someone with good html5/canvas/js/svg skills. That sort of thing
could be especially useful for mobile devices that don't have Flash, but
do have a decent web browser.

--
Andrew Gregory <mailto:andrew at scss.com.au>
<http://www.scss.com.au/family/andrew/>