[OSM-dev] start of gwtosm the google webtoolkit port of josm

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 31 09:38:00 BST 2010

2010/5/30 Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de>:
> I'm sorry but I'm really not sure what this is all about. Josm is
> designed as an offline editing tools. Why bend'n'break it to run in your
> browser? We already have an online editor called Potlatch.

Current potlatch somehow disqualifies in some areas (e.g. Italy)
because of its lack to use WMS-layers and not just Yahoo-Imagery. For
example in Italy Yahoo-imagery has quite some offset and very poor
resolution compared to the aerial imagery available from PCN. Probably
the same issue occurs in Australia (Nearmap).

I agree that these issues may be obsolete when Potlatch 2.0 will be available.

cheers,
Martin