[OSM-dev] PBF parsing frontend for osm2pgsql, tester wanted

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:43:31 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 00:02 +0100, Hartmut Holzgraefe wrote:
> So far the status is "works for me" only so i'd like to get some
> testing feedback ...

Something is broken for me with the PBF reading. When I read in the file
the "Node stats: total(263273), max(0)" looks wrong and the line and
polygon tables have no entries:

$ ./osm2pgsql -r pbf --prefix pbf --style=default.style /store/planet/cambridgeshire.osm.pbf
osm2pgsql SVN version 0.70.3

Using projection SRS 900913 (Spherical Mercator)
Setting up table: pbf_point
NOTICE:  table "pbf_point_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Setting up table: pbf_line
NOTICE:  table "pbf_line_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Setting up table: pbf_polygon
NOTICE:  table "pbf_polygon_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Setting up table: pbf_roads
NOTICE:  table "pbf_roads_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Mid: Ram, scale=100

Reading in file: /store/planet/cambridgeshire.osm.pbf
Processing: Node(263k) Way(45k) Relation(1k)
Node stats: total(263273), max(0)
Way stats: total(45914), max(83530852)
Relation stats: total(1783), max(1247377)

Writing way(45k)

Writing rel(1k)
Committing transaction for pbf_point
Sorting data and creating indexes for pbf_point
Completed pbf_point
Committing transaction for pbf_line
Sorting data and creating indexes for pbf_line
Completed pbf_line
Committing transaction for pbf_polygon
Sorting data and creating indexes for pbf_polygon
Completed pbf_polygon
Committing transaction for pbf_roads
Sorting data and creating indexes for pbf_roads
Completed pbf_roads

gis=> select count(*) from pbf_point;
 count
-------