[OSM-dev] PBF parsing frontend for osm2pgsql, tester wanted

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 21:07:59 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 08:02 +0100, Hartmut Holzgraefe wrote:
> thanks for spotting, looks as if i deleted two lines instead of one
> when removing some unused variable declarations to silence
> warnings :(
>
> fixed, committed, pushed, and a new patch level tarball created:
>
> http://php-baustelle.de/osm2pgsql-0.70.4.tar.gz

When do you think the code will be ready to merge?

There are a couple of other things I'd like to fix up and it may make
more sense to do that directly in SVN instead of bouncing patches via
the mailing list.

- Make the code automatically switch to .pbf mode if the filename has
that extension.
- Add PTHREAD to the configure scripts, several bits of the code already
look for HAVE_PTHREAD and will use multiple threads in a few places
- Move inputUTF8() to parse-xml2.c
- There are memory leaks in a couple of places
- I think there are some problems with the PBF tag handling, it seems to
call resetList(&(osmdata->tags)) in the wrong place in a few cases. It
should be looking at osmdata->extra_attributes to determine whether to
append the uid/version/timestamp tags from the node & way info.

The pthread change is the only real regression in the code, the Makefile
used to set it unconditionally. All the other issues are specific to the
PBF mode which people should probably expect to have a few minor issues.
I don't see this should be a blocker on merging the changes.

  Jon