[OSM-dev] tiles and OSM rails port

Dane Springmeyer dane at dbsgeo.com
Thu Nov 4 16:24:24 GMT 2010

Great, is that Suse then you are using? Please add any notes you can to: http://trac.mapnik.org/wiki/OpenSuseInstallation

I've just added http://svn.mapnik.org/www/README.txt

> * In the SVN "svn.openstreetmap.org" there is also a "mapnik" folder.

Yes, it really should be named osm-mapnik-stylesheets as there is no mapnik source code there.

> This folder contains the python scripts for generating the tiles/images.

Tiles and images are actually produced by mod_tile. But yes, there are a few useful python scripts there for testing.

> My question is, what modules use the utilities/scripts in this folder?

Mapnik does not use them, but they are for helpful for analyzing your stylesheets.

Dane