[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql - gazetteer - Installing on ubuntu

Samir Faci (Dev) dev at esamir.com
Thu Nov 11 21:35:31 GMT 2010

I'm sure you want to compile the code from source for a reason.. but
just in case..

http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/osm2pgsql

You can just use the package.  They have a version packaged up for
maverick.  It should be fairly recent.

--
Samir

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Hartmut Holzgraefe <hartmut at php.net> wrote:
> On 11/11/2010 09:58 AM, james croft wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to get Nominatim up and running on a dev box.  I am checking
>> out the osm2pgsql code from git and am running into a problem
>> with gazetteer-functions.sql.  It used to be that running 'make' in the
>> gazetteer directory created a gazetteer.so file that I could reference
>> from the gazetteer-functions.sql script.  I just replaced the following
>> with the location of the file.
>>
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION transliteration(text) RETURNS text
>>   AS '/home/twain/osm2pgsql2/gazetteer/gazetteer.so', 'transliteration'
>> LANGUAGE c IMMUTABLE STRICT;
>>
>> It now appears that automake and libtool (things I know nothing about)
>> are being used and this file is no longer generated.  What do I replace
>> the references in the gazetteer-functions.sql script to now?
>
> the file is generated, but put into .../gazetteer/.lib/gazetteer.so
> (autotools default)
>
> "make install" will put it into $prefix/lib/osm2pgsql
> (default: /usr/local/lib/osm2pgsql/gazetteer.so )
>
> you can load it from either places
>
> my problem with the extension was that i did not have
>
>  postgresql-server-dev-8.4
>
> on this ubuntu test box yet
>
> looks as if i need to tweak the gazetteer README file a little bit

Samir Faci
*insert title*
fortune | cowsay -f /usr/share/cows/tux.cow