[OSM-dev] Announce search box with result suggestions

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Tue Nov 16 13:00:42 GMT 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> The lack of "auto-complete" or search suggestions like you see in for
> example Google (maps) and the OSM wiki search box has been bugging me for a

Works ok for simple city names, but try typing Llanfairpwllgwyngyll.
Since Nominatim doesn't do substring matches autocomplete doesn't work
for long/tricky names or streetnames.

It looks cool though, and a lot better than the one that is on the
site right now.

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=type&component=nominatim&order=id&col=id&col=summary&col=type&col=milestone&col=time&keywords=!~&desc=1&type=enhancement