[OSM-dev] Our beloved XML format doesn't parse; planet 11-11

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:44:35 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 22:28 +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:

> But osm2pgsql reports:
>
> Reading in file: -
> Processing: Node(832188k) Way(7341k) Relation(0k)Entity: line
> 1275668752: parser error : Specification mandate value for attribute v
>     <tag k="source" v

> So dear XML lovers, what went wrong with with the planet generation?

Last night I successfully ran this planet file through the process which
generates the coastline shapefiles without seeing any error. The initial
osm2coast processing step uses almost identical XML parsing code to that
used by osm2pgsql so I don't believe there is any issue with the format
of this planet file.

Are the errors you see consistent between runs?

Could you try running osm2pgsql with the null output mode "--output
null" and see whether that reports any problems parsing the data?

   Jon