[OSM-dev] Is there a way to use simple schema without hstore

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Sat Nov 20 00:52:58 GMT 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Sarah Hoffmann <lonvia at denofr.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 09:37:33AM +0100, Andreas Kalsch wrote:
> >> If you're applying diffs to the database you can enhance the
> >> osmosisUpdate() function (initially empty, but can be customised) to
> >> keep your separate tags tables up to date during each diff
> >> application.  You will need to run the
> >> "pgsql_simple_schema_0.6_action.sql" script against the database so
> >> that all actions during a diff are logged and can be used by your
> >> osmosisUpdate function to know which records need to be re-processed.
> > Is it possible to truncate the actions table for myself so that a
> > separate script can access the changes?
>
> Simply copy away the information from the action table somewhere
> persistent in the osmosisUpdate function. Works fine.
>
> However, +1 from me for an action table that can be truncated manually.

Is there likely to be a noticeable performance improvement in doing this?
My preference if the overhead is small would be to add a contrib script to
Osmosis that installs a non-truncating table that is updated by
osmosisUpdate, and a customised osmosisUpdate function.  It keeps the pgsql
tasks simpler if I can do that.

Then again, this is probably not a complicated change to make to Osmosis
itself.  I'd need to take a look ...

Brett