[OSM-dev] Fail to get OsmChange for some changesets

Manchun Yao manchuny at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 5 00:49:44 BST 2010

I am learning how the change set works in OSM.  I assume that if I can apply the change sets of a particular area one by one then I can obtain the current osm map of that area. Is this a valid assumption?

I picked the Boulder, Colorado area since the number of changes there, roughly 350,  is about right.   During the tests, I noticed that I could not obtain the OsmChange of the following changes: 145015, 4318130, 4318132, 4318136.

For example:
The request http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/145015 will return the tags for the change 145015.

However, request http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/145015/download never comes back.  The serve seems stuck on this request and never sends any meaningful response back.

What's wrong with these change sets?